Hair Transplantation Cost: Most people have good hair during the early years of life but stress, poor diet, illness, and genetic reasons lead to hair loss. The hair loss can get worse over time and gradually turns into bald spots in men. While there are many treatments for hair loss, in some cases, they just don’t work. It is here that hair transplantation comes into the picture.
What is Hair Transplantation?
It is a surgical procedure where hair is removed from one area, known as the donor area, and grafted to the bald spot on the head. Usually, the donor area is the back of the head. Hair transplantation is a common restoration method that offers permanent results and looks quite natural.
Growing bald can affect an individual in several ways. It not only changes the physical appearance of a person but also affects their confidence. Hair loss and bald spots can make a man look aged. It can look to insecurity and self-consciousness. If other methods of hair restoration fail to work, a hair transplant is an option to look for.
Some people would take resort to wigs and hair patches as a solution but they looked unnatural and were quite noticeable. It made men more conscious about their appearance. However, hair transplant results are brilliant and it creates an absolutely natural look. Also, the results are long-lasting.
Wigs need a lot of care and maintenance and need replacement after a while. On the other hand, hair transplants are grafted onto the scalp. Even if the hair falls, new hair will grow soon! It usually takes 5-6 months to witness the results in the form of new hair growth in the bald spot.
Hair Transplant Cost in India
A hair transplant is an expensive procedure. The cost of surgery might vary from INR 35, 000 to 2, 65, 000 in Ahmedabad. However, this is an approximate amount. The exact cost depends on the area to be treated and the number of grafts.
Also, there are various factors involved in the hair transplantation cost in India. The cost consists of the cost of grafts, Post surgery PRP sessions, and hospital stay. The grafts cost around INR 25 to 80 while the PRP sessions cost approximately INR 20, 000 to 60, 000 for 2 to 6 sessions. Their hospital stay is around 6 – 10 thousand. They stay will vary depending on the patient’s condition and recovery.
It is better to get a detailed consultation from the hair transplant surgeon. It will help in getting the queries answered about the procedure as well as the cost and its breakup. The patient must be aware of each component of the total cost as you must know what you are paying for.
Ideal Candidate for Hair Transplant
- An ideal candidate for a hair transplant is one with baldness grade III.
- Is it overall good health?
- Has stabilized hair loss.
- Other treatments fail to show the results.
It is better to visit a hair transplant clinic as the hair transplant doctor will evaluate the condition and decide if you are an ideal candidate for the hair transplant treatment. Once the candidate decides to get the hair transplant done, they must see a doctor and follow the instructions given by the surgeon. The doctor will ask to quit smoking before the procedure. The candidate should have realistic expectations about the results.
You can also ask the doctor for hair transplant before and after pictures of the previous patients. It offers a fair idea of the kind of results you can expect. You will also get an idea about the doctor’s level of expertise.
Precautions to Take During Recovery
Even after a few weeks of the transplant, the hair is in a fragile state. They need care and some precautions so that the transplant can last longer.
- Sometimes, the transplanted hair can fall out within the first 3-4 weeks after the surgery. It is not a cause for concern and is completely normal. The hair will grow back stronger and thicker.
- It is not allowed to shampoo the hair during the initial period of the recovery. After the first few days, you can use milder shampoos. You should not scrub the scalp or take the shower directly onto the head. Don’t press brush or comb o the hair for 3-4 weeks. Until full recovery, caps or hairstyles are a big NO. the patient can’t color their hair for at least 4 weeks after the surgery.
- Drinking sufficient water and staying hydrated is important. It can speed up the recovery process. Alcohol should not be consumed for 2 weeks as it can cause dehydration.
- Smoking increased blood pressure and you need a normal and healthy blood flow for the scalp and hair health. Quit smoking before the surgery and refrain from resuming for 3-4 weeks post-surgery.
- Avoid heavy exercises as sweating can lead to infection.
- Sun exposure to the scalp should be avoided.
A hair transplant is a boon for men suffering from excessive hair loss and bald spots. Having the right information is the key to making informed decisions.
Call us today at +91 91060 03743
Follow l Like l Share l Subscribe