Some people wonder why suddenly their ear lobes have become big. Basically, they want to know what can be done for preventing the tissues from tearing. Ear lobe repair has emerged as one of the best solutions for ear lobe damage. Let’s have a detailed look at what is ear lobe repair and how it can benefit you.
Reasons why Ear holes enlarge or split
The skin loses its collagen and elastin fibers as a part of the natural aging process. Collagen and elastin give strength and elasticity to the skin and also tightens the skin. Therefore, lack of them can lead to enlarged holes.
- Weight of earrings
If the earrings are heavier with a thin stalk or hook, they are likely to cut through easily. So, if your ears have a tendency to enlarge, it is better to wear earrings with a thicker hook or stud.
- Genetic reasons
The shape and features of the face depend on our genetic traits which can lead to the tearing of soft tissues.
Sometimes, ear lobes might get cut due to trauma. The ear loops might get pulled by getting entangled in stuff, or a child might pull it too hard.
Smoking can increase the speed of your natural aging process as it restricts the blood flow to the skin. This further leads to a decrease in collagen and elastin fiber levels.
Ear Lobe Repair Procedure
The ear is made of cartilage that covered by the skin on both sides. However, the earlobe is soft and there is no cartilage support. The ear lobe repair surgery at Mayfair Advanced Aesthetics lasts less than an hour and the patient is discharged on the same day.
- The cosmetic surgeon marks the skin before the procedure is performed.
- The ear is cleaned and infiltrated with help of a local anesthetic. This helps managing the pain during the procedure.
- The extra skin on the inside if the enlarged or split ear hole is removed in a way that natural contour is preserved.
- The skin at the front and back of the earlobe is joined using skin glue or sutures.
- After the ear lobe reconstruction surgery, your cosmetic surgeon Dr. Kedarnath Pandya will place a small dressing and it’s done. It’s that easy.
Benefits of Ear lobe repair
- Your ears are an essential part of the face. As a result, any type of abnormality gets noticed immediately. Thus, if you have enlarged holes or split earlobes, it doesn’t look aesthetically appealing.
- Ear lobe surgery is a small procedure which gets completed in less than an hour. You don’t need to stay in the hospital.
- Ear lobe repair is an easy and painless way of permanently restoring your ear lobe.
- After some time, you can again get the piercing done.
Tips for preventing ear lobes from enlarging
- It is better to wear lighter earrings in routine wear. Studs are a better choice for routine wear as they are snug to the ear lobe.
- Also, if you have thin skin or thin earlobes, you should be more careful. Your earlobes might enlarge early.
- However, you need to remember that eventually, all ear holes might expand, if you wear heavy earrings.
- Earrings with a thin central staff can cut through the skin quickly than thick stalk.
The ear lobe repair cost depends on the cosmetic surgeon you choose and the area to be treated. Usually, an experienced and certified plastic surgeon like Dr. Kedarnath Pandya will bring his expertise and experience for your treatment.
However, you should never choose cheaper options as the safety and success of the procedure matters the most.
Get a thorough consultation done before going ahead with the procedure. Call us today at +91 91060 03743!
Follow l Like l Share l Subscribe the below channels to always stay updated