Women get rid of unwanted hair on their bodies with the help of waxing, shaving, and hair removal creams. However, permanent laser hair removal is the best solution for getting rid of body hair. During the procedure, safe and effective laser waves are sent deep down the hair follicle. When the follicles heat up, the natural growth cycle gets affected. It might take a few weeks and a couple of sessions but the hair will shed away on its own.
When the hair grows back the next time, it will be finer, lighter, and thinner. With each treatment session at Mayfair Aesthetic Surgery, you will see the difference. The hair growth will reduce and gradually, hair stops growing. It can significantly reduce the hair growth in all areas of the body such as arms, underarms, stomach, legs, back, neck, chin, etc.
Who is The Right Candidate For Laser Hair Removal?
Laser hair removal works on people with lighter skin with darker hair. In case of confusion, you can consult with the cosmetologist. They will guide you if you are the right candidate for laser hair removal.
How Many Sessions Are Required For Hair Removal?
It depends on the specific case but most people need six to eight sessions.
Each session is scheduled about four to eight weeks apart for getting the best results. Though it is permanent, some people might experience new hair growth.
Is the Laser Hair Removal Painful?
You can experience some discomfort in sensitive areas but it is not painful.
Many people describe laser procedure as a rubber band flicking your skin. However, topical numbing cream can help.
What Needs to be Done Before The Treatment?
- You need to shave the area before the appointment or we will do it when you come for treatment.
- You should not apply any makeup or deodorant on the day of your appointment in the treatment area.
- Stay away from direct sunlight for at least 3 days before the appointment.
- Avoid consuming any alcoholic beverage 24 hours before the treatment.
- Avoid waxing, threading, or tweezing in the area before 4 weeks. You can shave the area.
Care to be Taken Post the Laser Procedure
- It is normal to experience some side effects after hair removal by laser such as redness and bumps after the treatment. It can last up to 2 hours or more.
- You can use a cold compress if it feels sensitive. In case of crusting, apply antibiotic cream. Darker and pigmented skin can feel more discomfort than lighter skin.
- Wash the treated area gently with a mild soap. Pat dry the skin instead of rubbing for at least the first 48 hours.
- You should not apply any makeup, lotion, or deodorant on the treated skin.
- Stubble denoting dead hair will appear within 5-30 days from the treatment. However, it will fall out soon.
- The dead hair may appear like new hair growth. But it is dead hair making a way out of the follicle. You can exfoliate the dead hair with a washcloth.
- You need to avoid sun exposure for 2 months. Use a sunscreen with SPF higher than 25.
The laser hair removal costs in Ahmedabad vary depending on the area and size of the area being treated. You can inquire about the cost during a consultation.
If you are looking for laser hair removal near me, then Dr. Kedarnath Pandya is one of the best Cosmetic surgeons in Ahmedabad.
Book an appointment with us today to know more.
Call at +91 91060 03743.