Hair transplantation procedure has become a common surgery for men who are suffering from excessive hair loss. If other treatments and medications fail to show positive results, hair transplant can help. Though it is becoming a common surgery, there is still a lack of awareness among people. Just like any other surgery, there are some Dos and Don’ts that the candidates need to follow before the procedure.
Here’s a look at some information on how to prepare for the hair transplantation procedure:
It is better to do some research about the hair transplant procedure before proceeding ahead. Even before getting the consultation from the hair transplant doctor, some research should be performed to gain knowledge. Apart from gathering knowledge about the procedure, it is recommended to research the cosmetic surgeon near you as well.
- Look for the qualification of the doctor. The hair transplant surgeon must have training and significant experience in hair transplant surgery.
- Check for how long they have been in the healthcare industry and how many surgeries they have performed.
- Check the results, reviews, and before/ after pictures of the previous patients.
Are any Blood Tests Required?
Once the initial consultation has been done with the doctor, they might ask for some routine tests such as CBC, bleeding time, random blood sugar, HCV, clotting time, PT, ECG, APTT, HBs AG, etc. These are basic tests that are performed for ensuring that any medical issue doesn’t remain undetected and create complications during the surgery. The cosmetic surgeon decides the further course of action based on these tests.
Precautions to Take Before the Surgery
- You need to stop smoking at least 24 hours before the procedure. Smoking can negatively impact healing and recovery. If you are not able to completely give up smoking, put it on hold for some time till the surgery is done and the healing and recovery phase is over.
- Avoid alcohol consumption in the days before the surgery. If possible, don’t have alcohol a week before the hair transplant surgery.
- It is suggested to not have a haircut before the surgery. Allow the donor area to grow so that there is enough hair for the transplant. Having good hair growth also helps in hiding the stitches after the surgery.
- Try massaging your scalp on a regular basis at least 2-4 weeks before the surgery. Massage for at least 10 minutes every day. It helps in softening the skin as well as improving the skin tone. Massaging also helps with increasing the blood flow in the scalp.
- The doctor might recommend taking a few medications which consist of antibiotics for preventing the risk of infections. The antibiotics might be prescribed after the surgery as well.
- If the candidate is over a certain age, like above 45, some clinics might recommend taking tests such as ECG before the surgery along with some other blood tests.
- You will be asked not to take anti-depressants, blood thinners, or beta-blockers before the procedure. The doctor will give a list of medications which can’t be taken before the hair transplant surgery.
- Avoid taking multivitamin supplements or herbal supplements at least two weeks prior to the surgery.
Prep up For The Best Hair Transplantation Procedure
The hair transplant doctor will also give some post-surgery instructions that will help during the recovery and healing process. The head will be sore and swollen so it is better to take a break for some day till the pain and swelling subside.
Choose a renowned and experienced hair transplant surgeon like Dr. Kedarnath Pandya for the procedure for assurance of positive results and safety. During the consultation, you can get all your queries addressed about the hair transplant cost, what to expect during the procedure, healing and recovery.
Call us today at +91 91060 03743
Follow l Like l Share l Subscribe